As I sit writing this, heavily influenced by the day of the night before type of symptoms (damn you wine, I thought we were friends), I have exciting news that have kept me on my toes these last two weeks.
Life presents you with opportunities, whether they’re just means to have a random adventure or something you’ve always wanted to do, and you’ll have a decision to make – to jump or not jump (and this is illustrative, mkay).
I fundamentally believe that whilst we are all in charge of our own lives, sometimes life has to intervene too. And so it did, through a very unexpected 5pm phonecall on a Thursday. And I said yes.
I was told I could move whenever I wanted to, whether that was the next day or the next month. As I have my holiday coming up, it wasn’t a really practical option and I opted for a later date. And so it seems that I will be moving to the Big Smoke, a city so exciting and lively yet frightening at the same time due to its sheer size, on September 27th.
I am very excited as it is a new chapter in my life and I can’t wait to see what it brings. I also look forward to this as it will enable me to produce more interesting content in this blog, because let’s face it – London is a lot more exciting than Luxembourg.
So here’s a list of things that preoccupy me currently:
1) Finding a flat. I have two weeks to sort myself out once I arrive there, and I’m hoping it is enough time as I will be working during the day. But hey – challenge accepted.
2) Transport. Zone 1-3 monthly travel card, you killing me!
3) Clothing. As I have no proper home in my first two weeks there and I will be living in a snazzy hotel, I will be heading over with one suitcase. For any girl, this is reason enough to have a small panic attack. And to be super selective.
4) Shopping. The upside of going with only one suitcase is the inevitable excuse that, you know, you just have to go shopping. And London is a wonderful place to do exactly that. RIP credit card.
5) To bring my skateboard over, or not to bring my skateboard over. Hmmm.
In addition to these particular 5 points, there’s of course more food for thought. And speaking of food, it’s time for me to go grab breakfast – miam.